Head4Success offers a complimentary meeting with all students and their families to review the services offered by Head4Success. Once the decision to use Head4Success is made, we get started right away.
Step One: Complete the Student Information Form which reviews student’s high school transcripts, extra-curricular activities, awards, honors work experience, volunteer experience, clubs, organizations, and projected courses. Once complete, Head4Success will schedule the students first meeting in which they will receive a detailed report and review of the assessment results.
Step Two: Students are provided access to Guided Path, a state of the art, online website that assists with organization, college search, and research tools. Access to multiple interest inventories, personality assessments, parent questionnaires and student interest questionnaires are accessible via Guided Path.
Step Three: The college search and application process begins. Meeting with the students will continue throughout the year, working step by step to complete all necessary tasks leading up to the time when applications will be ready to be submitted.
- College research; explore colleges, develop priorities for college choices including factors such as academic programs offered, size, location, extra-curricular opportunities, etc.
- Building a college list
- Plan for college visits, develop itineraries, and discuss strategies for making the most from a college visit
- College applications: review, organization, timeline, & deadlines
- Common Application assistance
- College interview skills
- SAT & ACT testing timeline, referrals for tutors available
- Resume writing
- College essay guideline
- Teacher recommendations
- Athletic recruiting
- Music, Art, or Theatre audition or portfolio preparation
- Consultations with professional writer available (additional fee)
Step Four: Head4Success works with each student until each student has fully completed the college application process and has committed to attend a specific school.